If you wish to restore your iPhone from an iCloud backup for any number of reasons, you will need to do so. In spite of this, resetting could be a frightening experience since you may lose your data and settings. You will learn how to restore a backup from iCloud without having to reset your device in this article.
“I just purchased my first iPhone recently, and when I was updating my iOS, I made a backup in iCloud. However, now I cannot restore it without resetting my iPhone. Could you please assist me?”
Backups can be saved on iCloud for many reasons, such as saving space and protecting data, but it can be confusing and difficult to restore them. It is not uncommon for people to ask how they can restore an iPhone from iCloud without resetting because so doing will result in data loss should the device be reset during the process. In this article, we show how to restore iPhone from iCloud without resetting.
How to Restore an iPhone?
In regards to backing up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, Apple provides two official methods to do so: iTunes and iCloud. It is also possible to restore an iPhone using iTunes or iCloud when it comes to restoring an iPhone. Both of these options may, however, threaten data loss since using them will wipe out all your iPhone’s existing data and settings and then restore everything from the backup rather than restoring just selected bits.
You must first reset an iPhone before you can opt to restore it from an iCloud backup during setup. As an example, if you want to restore an iPhone from an iCloud backup, then you must first reset the device.
Consequently, many users are reluctant to restore a phone directly from an iCloud backup.
Is it possible to restore an iPhone without resetting it?
In general, iPhone data loss is difficult to avoid when restoring from iCloud backup. As a result, many people may be wondering if it is possible to restore an iPhone from a backup without having the device erased? That is indeed possible. You can restore selectively and without data loss from iCloud backup using specialized data recovery software.
As an alternative, you can also use iCloud.com to download documents to your computer or iDevice, and iCloud.com will not wipe the content from your device. Curious? Check out these options.
How to restore iPhone from iCloud without resetting using iCloud.com?
If you want to restore your iCloud backup without a reset, you can access iCloud.com from a web browser, and you will not lose any data.
Restore your photos from iCloud without resetting
- Sign in to iCloud.com using your Apple ID and password as usual by using your computer or another iDevice.
- Here is how you can load your iCloud backup. From the Photos tab, click the Pictures tab to view all your pictures. By choosing the latest pictures, you can view them all.
- You can download the photos to your device by tapping the download icon next to each one.
The downsides of this method are a couple. It is possible that this file is already missing from your iCloud account if your iPhone synced with it. In addition, there is another problem: you will not be able to access any data that is specific to an application such as text messages, or data that is used by third parties. Although this may seem like a nice stopgap if you’re lucky, it may not be the very best option if you’re trying to retrieve missing data.
How Can I Get My iCloud Backup on a New Phone From iCloud?
The official way Apple offers to restore data from iCloud backups will mean erasing all content and settings of the iDevice, but many people may still doubt the efficacy of this approach. It is possible to create an iCloud backup on a new phone simply by following the instructions below. Follow the instructions below if you don’t know how to do it.
Restore my iCloud backup with a new phone
- Navigate to Settings > General > Software Updates on your iPhone. In case there are newer versions of iOS available for download, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it.
- Back up your iPhone as soon as possible. You can select iCloud under Manage Storage by going to Settings > tapping your name > selecting Backups > checking the data you want to back up.
- Choose to Erase All Content and Settings in Settings > General > Reset on the new iPhone.
- Get your iCloud backup back. You must set up your phone as a new one after the iPhone reboots. The iCloud backup can be restored using the iCloud backup option on the iCloud Apps & Data screen. Make sure to supply the same Apple ID and password that you used to restore the iCloud backup.
- If you want to restore an iCloud backup to a new iPhone, you will have to select the latest backup file from the list and press the Restore button.
How to restore your iPhone from iCloud?
When you have trouble with your iPhone, or if you are experiencing performance issues, you can use a good tip that requires you to erase and reinstall the operating system. Make sure you have a backup by navigating to Settings (your name) then iCloud and Manage Storage > Backups before you reset your iPhone.
Here’s how you can reinstall your iPhone using an iCloud backup after making sure your backup is up to date:
- Reset your settings by going to Settings > General > Reset.
- Select Erase All Content and Settings.
- After you complete the setup pages, you will reach the Apps and Data page.
- Select Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Log in to the iCloud account.
- Select the backup you need from the list and then click Choose backup.
A progress bar will appear on the screen once you select the backup. You’ll want to make sure that your Wi-Fi connection is strong in order to restore your data quickly. It will take a while to restore your data depending on how large your iCloud backup file is.
Can you selectively restore from iCloud?
Similarly, restoring a whole backup without resetting your iPhone does not allow you to restore specific sections of an iCloud backup. From a computer, you can access the iCloud service, which allows you to see what data you can have synchronized to your computer using the iCloud service, such as images you uploaded to the service or notes you made on the computer. Some types of data, such as iMessages, are likely to be recoverable without having to first reset and restore your entire phone to factory settings. However, other types of data may not be recoverable.
I think it’s clear that using iCloud for iPhone backups has a lot of benefits. With iCloud fully integrated with Apple’s setup process, you can now restore data from old or new phones through iCloud. There’s just one downside, though: you must restore everything from iCloud.
Some Frequently Asked Questions by Users
1. What is the best way to restore iPhone photos from iCloud without resetting?
If you require old photos from iCloud and you do not wish to reset your device, then you should follow the steps shown below:
- Then select “Recover from iCloud Backup File”.
- Restore old images using your iCloud account.
- Select the type of files you wish to import from iCloud.
- Scan and retrieve old iCloud photos without resetting the device.
2. What should I do after setting up a new iPhone from iCloud?
Utilize QuickStart and iCloud to restore
During the setup process of your new iPhone, QuickStart will be available to you. Once you’ve logged into your new iPhone with your Apple ID, you will be prompted to restore your iPhone from this backup. Setup is quick and easy with QuickStart.
3. What is the process for restoring an iPhone to factory settings?
The iPhone should be wiped of all content and settings
Navigate to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone. It’s easy to move your apps and data to a new iPhone with extra free storage in iCloud, even if you’re erasing your old one. …
Select Erase All Content and Settings.
Now that you know how to restore iPhone from iCloud without resetting your iPhone, I hope you will be able to use it. If you find any problem with this guide then please let me know in the comment section below. I have made sure that this guide is easy to follow and I hope that it will help your friends and family members.