The Messages app on the iPhone or iPad allows you to send and receive audio messages. You might want to save these messages manually. Audio messages are not automatically saved by the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad like photos or videos. However, you can do so with a simple trick.
As part of Messages, Apple offers the iMessage service, which offers a free and convenient means for iOS, iPad, and Mac users to send text messages, attachments, animojis, etc. It might be useful to save all those audio messages you receive from your friends and family to your device and organize them, just like you do with your other media. Here you get the complete information about “How To Save Audio Messages On iPhone?”
How To Save Audio Messages On iPhone?
Method 1: Save Audio Messages to the iPhone Manually
Alternatively, you can prevent your iPhone or iPad from deleting the audio messages by manually preventing the deletion.
1. Tap on the “Keep” option located right below the message bubble when you receive an audio message that you want to keep. Long-pressing an audio message will let you save it to your device.
2. Select “Copy” from the menu. There is an option to “Save” below the screen, but not all users are able to find it.
3. The Files app can now be accessed on your iPhone or iPad. You can store the audio message in any directory you choose.
4. Long-press a blank area contained within a folder. Choose the “Paste” option to save the message here.
5. Here is the audio message. You can see that it has been saved. Click here to listen.
6. Keeping audio messages on both the iPhone and iPad, as well as saving them, is now clear to you.
7. .caf files – Apple’s Core Audio Format – are used to save audio messages. If you’re transferring these audio files to a Mac or Windows PC, you might be able to play them back through Finder, or you might have to use Microsoft’s Windows Media Player or third-party software like Audacity. Messages on Mac can also send and receive audio messages, and they can be saved directly from within the app. However, this article will focus on iPhone and iPad messaging.
Method 2: Save all audio messages on iphone
1. You can find these in Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Messages can be tapped.
3. The Expire option can be found under AUDIO MESSAGES.
4. Never make a mistake.
5. Your audio messages will no longer be deleted when you send or receive them. As with other texts, images, and videos, they will be saved in the conversation. They will always be available to you.
That’s all I have to say, buddy!
Method 3: Simply save audio messages on the iPhone as voice memos
It is highly recommended for those who intend to record audio messages or to save them in “Voice Memos”, instead of using iMessages. The procedure for creating a backup file outside of Apple’s iMessages application is pretty straightforward.
1. Press on the audio message you received in iMessage;
2. Select and tap on “Save”; there are also “Copy” and “Save” options;
3. You can share the audio/voice file via email after the message has been stored in your Voice Memos app.
Note. This workaround has been reported not to work on iOS 12. The ‘Voice Memos’ app doesn’t show the same option, despite it being available. The new iOS version may have made it impossible for many users to find the saved audio messages they used to have after updating their iOS devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the iPhone save audio text messages?
If you change the voice message settings in the Settings app, you can save audio messages on your iPhone so that the communication will never expire. The first time you listen to your iPhone voice message, it will expire after two minutes if you don’t change these settings.
What is the process for saving an audio file from iMessage?
You can record outside of iMessage by holding the recording in iMessage and exporting it as mp3 or whatever. You will see a menu that has Copy, Save, More… options. Simply select Save and you will find your recording in the Voice Memos app.
Do I have access to my saved audio messages?
You can open the Message settings by going to the settings of your iPhone, scrolling down, and tapping ‘Messages’. A window will appear with the settings for Messages. You will find the Audio Messages section at the end of this page.
Does my iPhone let me forward audio messages?
You can forward voicemails from your iPhone by sending them as text messages or emails. This allows you to share voicemail with anyone who wants them. Let’s now review how to forward voicemails now that we know it can be done.
Does Messenger support saving audio messages?
The Facebook Messenger app allows you to download audio. Simply visit m.facebook.com and click on the “Messenger” button. You can then download the audio by clicking on the “Download” button next to the audio. The Messenger mobile app cannot be used to download audio files or voice messages.
Where can I find instructions on getting my iPhone to save voicemail automatically?
Message sent via audio. If you tap Keep after you listen to a message, your iPhone will automatically delete the audio message two minutes after you receive it. Dispatch audio messages should never expire when you go to Settings > Messages > Expire (below Messages).