Finally, you’ve got an iPhone 8, Apple’s latest flagship smartphone. Learn how to take screenshots if you want to share great moments you have, such as high scores in games, funny video clips, and awesome pictures, on social media. It may be hard to do these things if you are new to iOS platforms.
Taking screenshots of your screen is a great way to share moments with friends, have conversations on social media, or report bugs.
It’s quite simple to take a screenshot on an iPhone if you’re new to the device:
How to screenshot on iPhone 8?
- To wake or sleep on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, press the Side button.
- Press the Home button simultaneously.
- To acknowledge that a screenshot has been taken on your iPhone, the screen will blink once and a shutter sound will play (if the iPhone isn’t set to mute).
- When you fail to press both Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time, your iPhone will accidentally use Siri or lock itself. Therefore, you must press both together.
How to Take a Screenshot Using Assistive Touch?
- Taking a screenshot is easy with Assistive Touch.
- The first step is to enable Assistive Touch.
- Go to the Settings app, then General > Accessibility > Assistive Touch.
- Activate Assistive Touch.
- A menu option called “Customize Top Level Menu” is found on the same screen. Click it to open.
- You can also select Screenshot from the list by tapping the Custom button indicated by a star icon.
- Assistive Touch now provides a screenshot option, which allows you to take a screenshot one-handed at any time by tapping on the Assistive Touch button and then tapping the Screenshot button.
How do you view and share saved screenshots on your iPhone?
You can share a captured screenshot by navigating to the Screenshots album under the Albums folder on your iPhone 8. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Photos app by tapping Photos.
2. Click on the Albums tab.
3. Press the Screenshots button to open the folder.
4. Find your saved screenshot near the end of the folder and then share it.
5. To open a screenshot, tap on it.
6. To share, click the Sharing icon. An Arrow Up icon appears at the bottom left corner of the screen. By tapping this icon, you can share your screenshot with third-party apps.
As well as sharing, you can mark up or crop screenshots.
Some frequently asked questions by users
How do you preview a screenshot on iPhone 8?
At the bottom left corner of your screen, you will see a preview of your screenshot. Click on the preview to share or edit it. Simply swipe the screenshot preview of the screen to remove it.
How to Crop a Screenshot on iPhone 8?
If you take a screenshot on your iPhone 8, you can crop it with Instant Markup. To crop your screenshots, simply tap and hold the bold handles on the edges.
How to Markup Screenshot on iPhone 8?
Using Markup after you take a screenshot, you can circle an address, enlarge a section of a Web page, highlight a sentence in an email, and more on your iPhone 8.
AirDrop and other options are available for sharing screenshots
The iPhone 8 can also share screenshots via AirDrop.
- A floating screenshot preview can be tapped and held to be taken. A familiar sharing sheet will appear.
- By tapping on AirDrop, you can send your screenshot via AirDrop to another computer, save it using the Files application, or share it via Twitter or Facebook.
- Through the Messages app, you can also embed or attach your screenshot to any conversation. To share your screenshot, tap the Share button after choosing your sharing option.
If you prefer, you can also save your screenshots to your Photos folder through Save to Photos or remove them using Delete Screenshot.
I think that’s it! You can share a screenshot with your friends on different platforms using your new iPhone. Watch this space for more tutorial topics to be covered in our upcoming posts, or visit our troubleshooting page for more relevant tutorials or troubleshooting guides.