Want to find a specific conversation among the text messages on your iPhone or iPad? No problem! The following topics will be covered: searching Facebook messages, searching through your iPhone and iPad messages, and searching through your WhatsApp chat. Text messages can usually be searched within most messaging apps. Here is the complete information about “How To Search Messages On Iphone?” Let’s have a look!
How To Search Messages On Iphone?
Method 1: Using the Messages app on iPhone & iPad to search texts
The Messages app allows you to search directly within your iMessages. There’s one other search method I’ll cover, although this is the easiest. This is a screenshot of the iPhone, but the same steps can be done on the iPad. Below are the steps:
1. The Messages app can be opened.
2. When you pull the screen down, a search bar will appear.
3. Searching people, topics, or keywords is also possible on the search bar.
4. Threads from those groups will be visible. You must tap See All to view more threads. Simply tap the title of the conversation to view more details.
5. The message will contain the search term you entered.
It previously wasn’t possible to search across multiple conversations relevant to a search in older versions of iOS, but this has now been enhanced and is now possible. By using the search function on your iPhone, you can also search the Messages app without ever opening the app itself.
Method 2: Searching Text Messages/iMessages on iPhone using Spotlight
A powerful feature of iOS 14 is the spotlight, which allows users to search text messages, iMessages, or any other information from their iPhone. The app makes it quick and easy to find any phone feature you’d like, such as contacts, messages, notes, and anything else you can imagine.
Depending on your setting, it might be possible to edit the Spotlight Search by going to Settings> General> Spotlight Search> Tap the slider control (3-lined key on the right) by either moving the order or unchecking the labels so that they are not included in the search.
To Following are the steps you need to follow in order to search iMessages/text messages with the spotlight on an iPhone.
1. By tapping and swiping upwards on the Home screen, you can access Spotlight Search.
2. To find the information you are looking for, just type any relevant keywords in the search box.
3. Scan through the details to find the message section, then tap on the message content when you see the search results.
4. The spotlight will search through any message, including text messages, email, instant messages, and other iPhone contents, matching your search query.
How to find Deleted iPhone Messages?
The old texts you need may have been deleted after a thorough search. If you were still unable to locate them after a thorough search, the iMessages or messages might have been deleted.
There exists a tool called FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery that can help you recover your iPhone’s deleted text messages. You can recover lost, deleted, or hidden data from iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches. Furthermore, it allows you to search and retrieve old SMS, MMS, and iMessages stored on your iPhone 11, XS/XR/X, 8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus, SE, or 6 devices. Once you’ve found these old text messages you can recover them from your iPhone.
View Recently Deleted iPhone Messages
1. Download and install FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery on your computer.
2. Click on the program to launch it on your computer. Your iPhone must be plugged into the computer. When the pop-up window appears on your iPhone, tap Trust to trust this computer.
3. Detecting the iPhone, the program will begin searching for recently deleted iMessages and text messages. After this, select to begin scanning.
4. When the search is complete, the program displays all newly deleted messages/iMessages that were found. By choosing Only display the deleted items, you can find the messages you need that were deleted.
5. The search box at the right-hand corner of the interface allows you to enter any part of the SMS message sender’s name, phone number, or email address.
6. Choose the message by clicking on the checkboxes. Select Recover to get the conversation back.
Older Deleted Messages for Months (Years) Ago
FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery is able to identify deleted messages due to the fact that the data was not deleted from the phone. If you are trying to find old text messages/iMessages that you deleted over the years, FonePaw software can help you navigate through your iTunes/iCloud backup to find old messages/iMessages.
Searching for recently deleted messages using this method is basically the same as searching for recently deleted messages. The only thing to take into consideration is storing backups created more than a year ago on your PC. Your iPhone can be synchronized to iCloud without connecting to your computer.
If you select Recover from iTunes (iCloud) Backup File on FonePaw iPhone iMessage Backup Recovery software, you will see your old messages/iMessages in the software after selecting the right backup according to its date.
What is the most convenient method to search old/deleted iPhone messages after the introduction of two methods? One obvious difference in efficiency between the two approaches. In most cases, using software to find documents is much more efficient than looking them up manually. FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery can help you recover lost or deleted texts from your iPhone, no matter how many messages you have.
You might also like: