A person keeps sending you annoying texts, so you decide to block him or her. Do you have access to blocked messages on your iPhone? On your iPhone, you can view any old messages that may have show you to block that person. The Archived Folder shows all blocked and archived messages when you open the messaging app, choose More, and then press Archived. A blocked number, as well as previously received deleted messages, can be unblocked.
On iPhone, however, you will not be able to see messages that may have been sent to you after someone has blocked you (and before you decide whether to unblock them). When you block a contact, you will not receive a message from them, but it will simply disappear into thin air. On iPhones, there is no message blocker folder like there is on Android phones. If you still want to read any messages they have sent you, unblock them and ask them to resend them to your iPhone.
In this article, we will show you “How To See Blocked Messages On iPhone?” Read it out below!
How To See Blocked Messages On iPhone?
When you open your iPhone messages application and select the ‘More’ button, you will be able to view any Archived messages you received before you blocked a number. If you have not yet deleted these messages, you can do so by simply tapping ‘More’. This section contains a list of all blocked or archived messages.
First things first, if you want to view the old messages you previously deleted, you must retrieve them from your old computer. There are several ways in which you can view deleted messages from your iPhone.
Method 1. Recovering blocked messages from iTunes backup
It’s time to share some exciting news! In most cases, if you have regularly backed up your data, you can recover deleted messages from numbers that have been blocked. You can restore your deleted messages by following these steps.
- Step 1. Launch iTuneskit iPhone Data Recovery on your computer after connecting your iPhone with a USB cable. To recover data from an iTunes backup, select the option ‘Recover from iTunes backup’ within the main window.
- Step 2. Choosing ‘Messages’ from the left-hand column will allow you to review your data upon clicking ‘Scan.’
- Step 3. Having found the lost message you wish to recover, select ‘Recover’ and follow the instructions. After doing so, you will be able to retrieve the stolen messages.
Method 2. Recover blocked text messages from iCloud backup
iCloud also allows you to retrieve your data if you have backed up your data to it. The following steps will show you how it is done.
- Step 1. Using a USB cable, connect your iPhone to the computer and start the TunesKit iOS Data Recovery software. Click the ‘Recover from iCloud backup’ option in the main window that appears.
- Step 2. Input your Apple ID and password to log in to your account. Select your device model from the list.
- Step 3. You must select and click the ‘Recover’ option under the ‘Messages’ column to recover a deleted message. If successful, you can retrieve the deleted message.
Method 3. It is easy to recover blocked text messages from iOS devices using TunesKit iOS Data Recovery
You can still recover deleted messages even if you don’t have an iTunes or iCloud backup. The steps are as follows:
- Step 1. Open the TunesKit iOS Data Recovery software on your computer and connect your phone. Using this mode, you can recover your data from your device.
- Step 2. On the right column, select the categories you wish to scan as you see the data and device on the screen. Once you select a category, click Scan. This will display the results.
- Step 3. A brief summary of the results will appear in the left column as soon as the scan is complete. You can then choose to retrieve individual messages. There will be a “Recover” button that will redirect you to the actual recovery process.
Method 4. Recover deleted text messages with iCare Data Recovery
You can also get the deleted messages back without creating a backup using the free iCare Data Recovery program. Follow this guide.
- Step 1. Connect your iPhone to the computer and launch iCare Data Recovery.
- Step 2. To restore from your iOS device, select the option ‘Restore from iOS device’ and then hit ‘Scan. Your device will be scanned.
- Step 3. Recover the messages by reviewing the data.
Method 5. Retrieve blocked text messages with Gihosoft
GIHOSOFT iPhone Data Recovery is a comprehensive and easy-to-use software tool that recovers all kinds of deleted files from your iPhone, including messages, contacts, call history, photos, videos, voice mail, and WhatsApp messages. In addition to recovering deleted messages from your iPhone, Gihosoft Free iPhone Recovery can also recover them from an iTunes or iCloud backup (if you have one).
Additionally, if your device has been lost or stolen, you will be able to retrieve messages and other information. You may accomplish this by simply skipping the step involving the device connection and instead choosing to view the iTunes or iCloud backups.
- Step 1. Go to Gihosoft’s website and download and install the software. You can download the program in two different versions – one for Windows devices and another for Apple computers.
- Step 2. Press the “Launch” button to begin the program. From the drop-down menu, select ‘Messages’ or the type of data you wish to recover. After selecting your data, click ‘Next’.
- Step 3. Wait for the computer’s program to detect the iPhone automatically after connecting the iPhone to the computer with a USB cable. To begin scanning for deleted files, click on the ‘Next’ button once the software has recognized the device.
- Step 4. Once the scan is complete, you can view all of the files that can be recovered and sort them by type. As soon as they are recovered, you can view and retrieve the messages. Simply choose the messages you want to save and click on the ‘Recover’ button to upload them to your computer.
Thereafter, you will be able to access the exported folder where all of your retrieved files have been saved. Using the ‘index.html’ file, you can view all text data.
Method 6. Using Fonecope, retrieve blocked texts
One of the popular professional data recovery tools for iPhones is Fonecope iPhone Data Recovery, which safely recovers blocked messages. The app can also help you restore blocked messages from your iPhone, iTunes backups, and iCloud backups, as well as prevent them from disappearing at random in the future. You can retrieve messages from third-party apps like WhatsApp, Wechat, Skype, and Kik as well as text messages and iMessages.
- Step 1. To download the software, visit the Fonecope website. You need to choose the right version of Fonecope based on your PC, as there are two versions – one for Windows and one for Apple.
- Step 2. The program must be launched. Select ‘Recover from iOS device’ from the program’s menu on your computer.
- Step 3. In this example, choose Messages as the type of data you wish to recover. Start the recovery process by connecting your iPhone to your computer and selecting ‘Scan’.
- Step 4. It allows you to view deleted text messages as well as your iMessages. It will scan your text messages and your iMessages, as well as deleted ones. Then click the ‘Recover’ button once you have selected the messages you wish to download.
Method 7. Download EaseUS MobiSaver to get back your blocked messages
EaseUS developed Mobisaver, an application for recovering lost data (including messages, contacts, photos, videos, call histories, WhatsApp messages, etc.) with ease. If you have an iTunes or iCloud backup, you can also use this program to restore data if your device is lost or stolen.
- Step 1. You should download and install EaseUS MobiSaver.
- Step 2. Your phone should be connected to a computer through a USB cable after installing the application on your computer.
- Step 3. Choose the option to ‘Recover from iOS Device‘ and click on the ‘Scan’ button.
- Step 4. Once the scan is complete, you will be able to preview the data found. The “File type” button can be clicked to access that information. After you have selected the files you wish to retrieve from your hard drive, click ‘Recover’ to save them to your PC.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. When you unblock someone, what happens to their texts?
If you have blocked any contacts from your phone, you will not be able to see any texts from them. Whenever you unblock a contact, you do not see any messages that were sent to you when the contact was blocked. It is, however, possible to request the person who blocked you to resend you the messages once you unblock that person.
2. What happens if I block someone on Whatsapp and they try to send me a message?
Text messages are no different from WhatsApp messages. The messages you have sent to a person before you blocked them will be visible to you (even if they have been deleted), however, messages sent to you since you blocked contact will not be capable of being recovered.
3. How do you respond when someone you blocked tries to text you?
There is nothing. Despite the fact that they may not be aware that you have blocked them, they can still send you a message, but it will get lost in the ether. No notification will be sent either to the sender or the receiver of a failed attempt.
4. Is it possible to unblock blocked calls on my iPhone?
Your iPhone has a Blocked List that displays blocked numbers you block from the Recent Calls list, in case you wish to check and view them. You can block someone’s phone number by going to the ‘Settings page, clicking on the ‘Phone’ tab, and then clicking on ‘Blocked’. The blocked numbers will be displayed. A number can be removed from this list by tapping ‘Edit.’ Once unlocked, the number will be included in the list again.
5. Does blocking someone affect them in any way?
Many times, they cannot be notified when their number has been blocked, which means they can send countless texts without ever being notified.
6. Who can unblock a Blocked Contact so they can receive messages?
If you want to receive new messages from your blocked contacts, it is necessary to unblock them. Start by going to “Settings” and then selecting “Messages”. Choosing the “Blocked” tab will give you access to your list of blocked contacts. The process for unblocking someone involves selecting their name or number in the list and clicking on the ‘Edit’ button, then “Unblock”. Swiping left while selecting a contact is another option.
7. Could you find out if a blocked number tried to contact you?
In order to accomplish this, you can use the blocking tool that comes with their Android devices in order to block both calls and SMS (assuming that they have such a device). Pressing the card call button allows them to see the history of calls received by the device and any that were previously blocked by you. On the other hand, iPhone users don’t have this option, so they can’t see if a blocked number has contacted them.
8. The number I blocked on my iPhone is still sending me text messages?
The problem may be that you failed to block them properly. Please make sure both the Apple caller ID and the number are blocked.
Basically, you can’t retrieve blocked messages from an iPhone. You do not have to block some messages if you want to avoid missing them. Just ignore someone’s texts for a while if you don’t want to see them. Thank you for reading. You can ask the person to allow you to check their messages on his or her phone if you really miss that person. It’s silly, but it does work.