iOS and macOS have a feature called Notification Center that provides an overview of app alerts. Rather than requiring immediate resolution, the notifications are displayed until the associated action is completed. It is up to the user to select which applications appear in Notification Center, as well as how they will be handled. The Notification Center was released alongside iOS 5 in October 2011 with OS X Mountain Lion for Macs.
A notification that just appeared on your iPhone’s lock screen should remain visible for a while, but it will eventually either disappear or be replaced by one that is more recent. If you miss a notification, just go to the Notification Center and recall it. Regardless of whether you allow notifications to appear on your locked iPhone, the process of viewing older (but still active) notifications on the lock screen is the same.
However, if you wish to “ how to see past notifications on iPhone ?“, then you have a number of options available to you. Read on to find out what they are and how to do this in an easy way.
How To See Past Notifications On iPhone?
Here are the steps to follow for seeing your past notification that was ignored due to any reason.
- When your iPhone screen is off, you can turn it on either by tapping on it or by pressing the Home or Power button, depending on what iPhone you have.
- You can see your notifications by swiping down on the lock screen of your iPhone. It will appear No Older Notifications instead if there are no notifications available.
Note: To pull up notifications, just swipe down from the top of the screen if your iPhone unlocks quickly with Face ID.
- Your notification list is organized into groups based on the app they originate from, or you may see all of them based on a number of where notifications pending came from.
4. The Open button can be accessed by tapping a notification, such as a text.
5. The connected app will open when you tap Open. It will not be possible for you to proceed if your iPhone is locked or if it cannot be unlocked by TouchID, FaceID, or your password.
6. You can access the Options and Clear/Clear All buttons by swiping left on the notification (or grouping of notifications).
7. The Options menu will appear, allowing you to change notifications settings for the app that notified you. With the menu, you can use the app’s notifications to mute them or to turn them off altogether app totally.
8. If a category contains one or several notifications, you’ll need to tap Clear or Clear All to delete all notifications. Basically, you’ll be removing the notification badges from the app’s icon, but nothing else from the lock screen.
9. For a quick way to delete all your notifications at once, tap X (next to Notification Center), and notification Center) to delete this will permanently remove the notifications from your iPhone’s lock screen, as with Clear All on the lock screen of your iPhone.
10. Swipe down from the top-left corner of the screen to view notifications when your phone isn’t on the lock screen. The lock screen of your iPhone will appear (though it won’t lock the phone).
11. The (unlocked) lock screen will display any available notifications, which will be organized by app.(Unlocked) lock screens display notifications organized by app, making it easy to see what you need to do.
12. Any older notifications that aren’t present on the screen will be displayed as No Older Notifications.
13. The same way that you viewed the notification above, you can also interact with it.
Here is How To See Past Notifications On iPhone If It Deleted?
- Tap “Apps & Notifications” in the Settings app.
- Click “Notifications“.
- Choose “Notification History“.
Here Are Some Frequently Asked Questions:
How Do You View Your Notification History?
This question I hear often. From the menu, select “Apps & Notifications”. To enable the notification history, tap “Notifications.” After that, tap “Notification History.” Finally, toggle the “Use Notification History” switch at the top of the screen.
What Is The Reason Behind The Disappearance Of Some Notifications On The iPhone?
Ensure the Notification Settings are correct If the notification settings are incorrect, it is possible that notifications disappear from the lock screen. Whenever you have this problem, you need to go to Settings>>Notifications in order to ensure you can see everything you want.
My iPhone’s Notifications Aren’t Working. What Should I Do?
- Select Notifications from the Settings menu.
- In the show previews menu, tap Always, When Unlocked, or Never, and then select when you want most notifications to appear.
- You can turn Allow Notifications on or off by tapping an app below Notification Style.
Why Don’t My Notifications Pop Up On My Screen?
When browsing the settings in the app, make sure you don’t accidentally shut off the feature by pressing any buttons. Make sure to check Android’s notifications settings for the app under Settings > Apps & Notifications > [App name] > Notifications if you don’t find relevant settings in the app.
Readmore About iPhone: