Have you ever thought about setting a video as the wallpaper on your iPhone? Let me let you in on a little secret: we’ve got a solution for you if you didn’t know. Video wallpapers can be a great way to personalize your iPhone, but they do require you to hold the screen down to start the video. Live wallpapers for the iPhone can be made from your favorite memories.
Using a third-party app like Video to Live is the only option at the moment. In order to convert and save your video, you will have to accept some ads since the app is free. Nevertheless, this will not hinder the process of converting videos to photos. In this article, we show you how to set video as the wallpaper on iPhone. Let’s look at the steps!
What Is a Video Wallpaper?
A video wallpaper, or live wallpaper, shows a short video clip or moves the background of your phone. In addition to the traditional, static wallpaper, live wallpapers can add a bit of flavor to your phone. Mobile phones are often pre-loaded with live wallpapers, such as feathers floating in the air, shooting stars, or falling snow. Videos can also be transformed into live wallpapers for mobile phones.
How to set video as the wallpaper on iPhone?
Let me tell you, this trick won’t work without an app you need to install to use video wallpapers. It is possible to enjoy videos as your iPhone’s wallpaper using this workaround.
Using GIFs as wallpaper and live photos is something you may already be acquainted with. This, on the other hand, works similarly. Your iPhone allows you to use live photos as wallpapers. To use video as wallpaper, you need to first create a video as a Live Photo, and then use that.
- Video to Live by Pixster Studio is available in the App Store for iPhone and iPad.
- From your photo library, choose a video you want to set as your iPhone’s wallpaper and launch the app.
- You can use the part of the clip that you have selected as a Live Photo by dragging the ends of the clip.
- You can download the clip by tapping on the icon in the bottom-right corner.
- As soon as you get the Live Photo from the app, you can change the wallpaper by going to Settings, scrolling down, and tapping Wallpaper.
- By going to the Live Photos, you can find the Live Photo you’ve created from the video clip and select it. A preview will appear when you long-press the Live Photo.
- Select the desired option by tapping on Set. You now have your video as your iPhone wallpaper. Enjoy!
Tip: How to set video as the wallpaper on Android?
For Android, there are several apps in Google Play that allow you to make video wallpaper. Examples include the VideoWall app and the Video Live Wallpaper app. The steps are similar for VideoWall as well, but these instructions apply to Video Live Wallpaper.
- Video Live Wallpaper is an Android app that you can download.
- You can give the app access to your media files by opening the Video Live Wallpaper app, selecting Choose Video, then tapping Allow.
- To use a video as the live wallpaper, choose the video from your phone.
- Sliders on the video timeline can be used to adjust the video’s start and end times. The video can be viewed by tapping Play.
- To see what the live wallpaper looks like, tap the Picture symbol in the upper-right corner.
- In the upper-right corner of the preview screen, click the gear icon to adjust how the video displays. The audio can be enabled or disabled at this point, as well as the Scale Fit setting.
- After selecting Set wallpaper, you can choose Home screen or Home screen and lock screen, depending on your preferences.
Note: Native live wallpapers are available with the newer versions of Android. Select the video in the Gallery app, and then choose Set as Live Wallpaper. You will need to trim the video first if it is too long.
Some Frequently Asked Questions By Users
1. Why is there no live wallpaper on the iPhone 2020?
Live Wallpaper is not supported by the iPhone XR and iPhone SE (1st and 2nd generation). This is because they don’t have 3D touch.
2. Is it possible to set a video as my iPhone 2020 wallpaper?
Select a new wallpaper in Settings > Wallpaper. Choose a Live Photo by tapping Live. Select a Live Photo from your Live Photos album (you may have to wait a few moments for it to download).
3. What is wrong with my iPhone’s live wallpaper?
If you’re not familiar with Live Wallpapers, they only appear on the Lock Screen, and they only run when you tap & hold the wallpaper for a few seconds. Unless the 3D & Touch are enabled, they will not work (the wallpaper becomes a still image). In order to use Live Wallpaper, you must have 3D Touch-enabled.
4. Which iPhone models support live wallpapers?
An iPhone 6s or later is required to use a Live Wallpaper or Live Photo. Live Wallpaper is not available on iPhone XR and iPhone SE (1st and 2nd generation).
Here’s a quick tutorial on how to set video as the wallpaper on iPhone. With dynamic wallpapers now available on your iPhone, we hope you’ll enjoy them. You are welcome to contact me if you have any doubts or questions. I will keep you posted with more tips and tricks on iOS. You can now share this guide with your family members and friends, and if you have any questions or problems, then let me know in the comment section below.