In addition to transferring data, we also have to transfer some data from Android to iPhone. The Android and iPhone operating systems are different, so it is not possible to transfer files directly. You can, however, enable the transfer of photos from your Android to iPhone using a variety of third-party programs. The following are 4 methods for transferring photos from Android to iPhone.
It is not uncommon for users to switch from Android to iOS devices these days. The majority of the photos and videos we save on our phones are intended to record beautiful moments in our lives. In this article, we show you how to transfer pictures from android to iPhone.
How to transfer pictures from android to iPhone using the Move to iOS App?
With Move to iOS, it is possible to automatically move photos from Android to iPhone using a free app. These are the steps you need to follow to move photos from Android to iPhone with ‘Move to iOS’.
- Make sure your Android device is connected to Wi-Fi.
- From the Google Play store, you can download the ‘Move to iOS’ app.
- Your iPhone and your Android device must be turned on.
- If you already finished setting up your iPhone, you’ll have to erase it and start over. Look for the ‘Apps & Data screen.
- To move data from Android, tap the ‘Move Data from Android’ button above.
- Tap the Continue button in the Move to iOS app on your Android device.
Note: If you have read and agree to the terms and conditions displayed, then tap ‘Agree’. To continue, tap ‘Next’ on the Find Your Code screen in the upper-right corner.
- Tap the Continue option on the screen called “Move from Android” on your iPhone.
- You will then be provided with a ten-digit code or a six-digit code. (In the event that your Android smartphone notifies you that the internet connection is weak, ignore the message).
- Wait for the ‘Transfer Data screen to appear on your Android device after entering the code.
- Tap ‘Next’ after selecting the photos and videos you wish to transfer from your Android device. In this case, do not touch either device until the loading bar on your iPhone has been completed. Even if your Android indicates that the process is complete, let both devices run. If you are transferring many photos, it may take some time.
- When the loading bar is done on your Android device, tap “Done” to finish the process. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the setup of your new iPhone after tapping the “Continue” button.
- If you have transferred all of your selected photos and videos from your Android device to your new iPhone, make sure that the copied files are intact. Wait for the transfer to finish before moving either device. The transfer process will fail if you use your Android phone or get a call before it finishes. You’ll need to retry the process.
Note: Apart from transferring photos and videos, the ‘Move to iOS’ app can also be used for transferring text messages.
How to transfer pictures from android to iPhone using Google Drive?
It will be much simpler for iPhone users to transfer pictures to Android via Google Drive. Some limitations do exist, however. The pictures are stored online in cloud storage. With slow internet speeds, uploading and downloading large amounts of photos will take a long time. You might also have a limited amount of data, so you might want to be connected to Wi-Fi in order to do so.
The free storage provided by Google is only 15GB. Once you have stored photos for a while, you can easily fill this up. If your photo library exceeds 15GB, you’ll need to pay for additional storage. You can get 100GB for $1.99 a month.
Transferring photos from iPhone to Android with Google Drive:
- Download the Google Drive app from the Apple App Store to your iPhone.
- Open Google Drive after logging into your Google account.
- Press the Add button.
- Click Upload.
- Click on Photos and Videos.
- Then, locate the photos that you would like to transfer and select them. Click Upload.
- The images will upload once they are ready.
- I will show you how to use your Android device. Most Android devices come with Google Drive preinstalled. The Google Play Store has it if yours doesn’t.
- Go to Google Drive.
- The images you uploaded can be found and selected.
- Then, tap the three dots in the top-right corner to bring up the menu.
- Click here to download.
- A folder called Downloads will be created for your photos. Transferring them to the Images folder can be done with any file manager.
As well as Dropbox and OneDrive, you can use other cloud storage services. Due to its relationship with Android, we chose Google Drive, but the process will be very similar.
How to transfer pictures from android to iPhone using Google Photos?
It’s also possible to transfer photos from iPhone to Android using Google’s cloud services, and the Photos app is a great alternative. Google Photos is different from Google Drive in that the latter is meant to hold any file that you put in it. On the other hand, Google Photos is created specifically to store images and videos.
There was no limit to the quality of images you could upload to Google Photos until July 2021. Since then, you’ll lose Google storage space once you upload an image. However, if you uploaded the photo before then, you can transfer it for free.
You can transfer photos from your iPhone to your Android device using Google Photos:
- From the Apple App Store, download Google Photos for your iPhone.
- You will need a Google account to access Google Photos.
- You’ll be asked whether you want high-quality sync when setting up Google Photos. Feel free to do so.
- It will take some time for this to happen, so be patient.
- Let’s take a look at your Android phone. Most Android phones come with Google Photos preinstalled. You can get it from the Google Play Store if yours doesn’t have it.
- Go to Google Photos.
- You will be able to see all your images there! The downloads are optional, so you don’t have to do it. You can store the photos in Google Photos.
- You can download a photo by tapping on it.
- In the top-right corner, click on the three-dot menu button.
- Click here to download.
How to transfer photos from Android to iPhone using Bluetooth?
Transferring images and videos between Android and iPhone devices is made easy with Bluetooth. Due to its availability on both Android and iOS devices, Bluetooth is widely useful. In addition, you don’t have to install any third-party applications to transfer pictures over Bluetooth. With a few taps on the screen, the process can also be completed quickly.
If you are wondering how to transfer photos from Android to iPhone, then you should follow the instructions below.
- Bluetooth should be enabled on both iOS and Android devices. From the top of both smartphones, a sliding panel will allow you to turn on/off Bluetooth.
- The device will then be visible to other mobile devices after tapping on the checkbox.
- Navigate to the File Manager > DCIM Folder (for the Camera content) on your Android device.
- You can view the actions available from the drop-down menu by tapping the menu button of your Android Smartphone. Tap ‘Select’.
- A checkbox will appear next to each image. Select the image by tapping it, or you can select all images at once.
- Click on the ‘Share’ icon, then scroll down until you see the ‘Bluetooth’ option and select it.
- You will be able to see a list of Bluetooth devices on your Android device. Simply choose your iPhone to get started. As the files are downloaded, a file transfer window will appear to indicate the transaction.
It is important to note that the speed of Bluetooth data transfers is largely determined by the Bluetooth version you are using.
How to transfer pictures from Android to iPhone via iTunes?
The following two steps need to be followed in order to transfer photos from Android to iPhone using iTunes:
It is first necessary to copy photos from Android to PC;
Next, connect your iPhone to your PC and transfer the photos;
Following are the steps to transfer pictures from Android to iPhone using iTunes:
- If you are using a tablet or phone with Android, connect them to your computer.
- You can find your photos and videos by opening “My Computer” and double-clicking on the Android Tablet or Phone. DCIM > Camera is usually where you will find these files.
- Go to the DCIM folder. Photos taken on the device are stored here (on a Mac, download Android File Transfer, open it, then select Camera from DCIM).
- Drag your desired pictures and videos to the folder you want.
- Your Android phone needs to be disconnected.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- If you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer, sync your iPhone with iTunes.
- I think that’s it. Choose Photos > Albums on your iPhone to find the photos and videos you’ve selected.
3 Popular Apps Transfer photos from Android to iPhone
An iPhone can store and transfer images directly from its Android device. Several apps are available for this purpose. According to ease of use and accessibility, we found the three best apps.
1. Photo Transfer
It is no surprise that photo transfer apps are so popular. No cables are required for Android to iPhone photo transfers. Photo Transfer is available on many platforms, including computers. Web browser access is available for your photos stored on the app. Multiple images can easily be downloaded for storage and exchanged across various platforms. You should consider using the Photo Transfer app if you need an intuitive, easy-to-use way to transfer photos from Android to iPhone.
Android and iOS devices can use PhotoSync to share photos. All of your photos can be stored on one device and transferred to another device wirelessly through the app. In addition to Android and iOS devices, PhotoSync also works with other methods. You can use it on a variety of platforms, including desktop computers, NAS devices, and Cloud services.
The camera can be used to extract videos and photos and to transfer them to other devices. The photos and videos can even be accessed online. With regular updates to PhotoSync, you’ll get better support for RAW files and EXIF-data preservation.
File transfers between two devices are made easy with Shareit, an application developed for transferring files between devices. Transferring pictures from an Android to an iPhone takes only a few seconds with Shareit. With this free software, transferring photos from one device to another is simple and secure. Photos can be shared individually or in folders. Sharing folders, however, can make the entire process seem slower.
Shareit’s best feature is the freedom it allows users to enjoy because it allows files other than photos to be transferred. As such, if you are interested in transferring video from Android to iPhone, Shareit will be your best option. The software is updated regularly to maintain its safety. Thus, users can rest assured that Shareit is reliable when transferring more than just photos or sensitive information.
Some Frequently Asked Questions By Users
1. Is it possible to wirelessly transfer pictures from Android to iPhone?
As described in the post, you can transfer pictures from Android to iPhone over WiFi using the app ‘Move to iOS’.
2. Where can I find apps that allow me to transfer photos from Android to iPhone?
‘Move to iOS’ and ‘Mobile Manager software’ are both free tools for moving photos from Android to iPhone. You can also use the Google Photos app to transfer photos from Android to iPhone.
3. Is it possible to transfer photos from Android to iPhone via Bluetooth?
Bluetooth is a very good method for transferring photos from Android to iPhone. The reason for this is that Bluetooth does not require a third-party app in order to transfer photos and videos.
4. Is it possible to AirDrop iPhone photos to an Android phone?
Apple’s AirDrop is a feature available on its products only. Thus, AirDrop doesn’t work with Androids. Snapdragon offers a similar feature, as do other apps and websites.
In spite of the fact that there is more than one way to transfer photos from Android to iPhone, I have given here the simplest methods on how to do it, so you can use them easily. In any case, one thing you need to remember is that before you transfer pictures from Android to iPhone, always make sure that the number of images and videos you’re moving doesn’t exceed the amount of space on your iOS device.
Please share this article with your friends and family members, and if you have any problems with how to transfer pictures from android to iPhone, please let me know below in the comments section.