The iTunes application lets you backup media purchased from the iTunes Store or from other third-party applications on your iPhone in case you lose your iPhone, accidentally delete your files, or need to restore your iPhone. It is possible to transfer purchases either through iTunes or through a third-party application.
No data loss when transferring purchases from iPhone to Mac
We will begin by downloading MacX MediaTrans for Mac, a simple and multifunction iTunes alternative. It is possible to transfer a number of purchased file types between iPhone and Mac without losing data, including iTunes video purchased under DRM, movies, TV shows, podcasts, ebooks, photos, and exe/dmg files. iPhone transfers have the advantage of automatically removing DRM from iTunes and converting encrypted purchases to DRM-free formats. iTunes Store purchases can be transferred in batches or individually to a Mac computer.
How to Transfer purchases items from my iPhone to a Mac?
How to transfer purchased items from iPhone to Mac? Transferring your purchased items from your iPhone, iPad or iPod to your computer is as simple as following these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and wait for its icon to appear in iTunes
- Click “Store” and select “Authorize This Computer…” if the computer isn’t authorized. Click on “Authorize” after entering your Apple ID and password.
- Select “File” and then “Transfer Purchases”. If you encounter a dialog box that reads: your iPhone is synced with another library and can only be synced with one iTunes library at a time. Select “Transfer Purchases.”.
- The purchases will begin transferring from your iPhone to Mac. iTunes displays the transfer status in a gray box in the top center.
What is the best way to transfer iPhone purchases to a computer / iTunes?
If you purchase or install free content from the App Store or iTunes on your iPhone, it might not be automatically imported into your iTunes library on your computer. Before backing up and syncing your iPhone, you can manually transfer purchases to ensure all of your media and apps are backed up properly. You can do this by following these steps:
- Open iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Ensure that iTunes is authorized and that you are logged in. Select Store > Sign In from the top menu. Select Store > Authorize This Computer to authorize the computer for use with your account.
- To display a shortcut menu, right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac) on the name of your iPhone under DEVICES.
- Select the option Transfer Purchases from iPhone.
How to Transfer Purchases Items to iTunes Using FoneLab?
With FoneTrans for iOS, you can transfer not only iTunes Store purchases, but also non-purchased contents such as music, books, movies, and ringtones.
- Install the software first on your PC. Once it has been installed, it will open automatically. With a USB cable, connect your iPhone to the computer, and you’ll see:
- Media, Playlists, Photos, Books, Contacts, and SMS are displayed on the left column of the interface. Select Music from the top toolbar. Then, you can export any music from your iPhone to the iTunes Library no matter whether it was purchased or not by clicking Export to – Export to iTunes Library.
How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iTunes with Dr.Fone
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable, download and install Dr.Fone on your computer, select “Phone Manager” from the features, and open the software. On Dr.Fone, the iPhone will be displayed in the top-left corner.
- Select Music from the primary window. By default, the Music window will be displayed; if not, select Music in the left sidebar, and all of the music will appear in the right panel. Click on Export > Export to iTunes and select the music you want.
How to Transfer Purchases from iPhone to iTunes using iExplorer
- Open the iTunes application on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Choose “Preferences” from the “iTunes” menu in iTunes. The Preferences window will appear.
- At the top of the Preferences window, click on “Devices.”.
- Check the box next to “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically.”
- The Preferences window will close when you click “OK”. While you’re using iExplorer, you won’t be able to sync your iPhone with iTunes.
- Close iTunes.
- You can download the iExplorer application from the developer’s official website at http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with the USB cable.
- Launch the iExplorer application on your computer.
- After iExplorer recognizes your device, click the arrow to the left of your iPhone. Below the name of your device, you will see all the folders on your iPhone.
- Select the arrow to the left of “Media.” A list of additional folders will appear.
- Click the arrow to the left of “iTunes Control.”
- Drag the media folders or files you wish to transfer to your computer’s desktop.
- Once your media files have been transferred to your desktop, close the iExplorer application.
- Remove your iPhone from the computer.
- Install the iTunes application on your computer.
- Select “iTunes” and then “Preferences.”
- Within the Preferences window, click on “Advanced”.
- Check the boxes next to “Keep iTunes Media Organized” and “Copy files to iTunes Media Folder.”
- Go to the desktop of your computer.
- Drag the media folder you copied to your desktop over to the iTunes icon. With iExplorer, iTunes will automatically import all the media from your iPhone onto your computer.