It is easy to share your iPhone, iPad, or Mac screen with other AirPlay-compatible devices with Apple’s AirPlay feature. How do you handle the end of the presentation, though? AirPlay can often be difficult to turn off since it is not always recognizable how to do it. In a nutshell, all you need to do is click or tap a few times, and you are done. In this article, we show you how to turn off airplay on iPhone.
What is Airplay?
In addition to the AirPlay proprietary wireless communication protocol stack, Apple Inc. has also developed a suite of proprietary products that enable the streaming of audio, video, devices screens, and photos from one device to another, together with relevant metadata. The AirTunes mobile app, which was at first only available in Apple’s software and devices, was originally used for audio-only streaming. AirPlay protocol stack is now licensed by Apple to third-party software component developers for use in building products that can be used in conjunction with Apple’s devices.
Do you know how AirPlay works?
AirPlay is capable of recognizing gadgets via one of two different methods. Regardless of whether you are connecting all of your Apple devices to the Apple AirPort Express via a network switch, you will not require any additional equipment or configuration in order to do this.
On the other hand, practical gadgets will recognize one another if they’re part of the same Wi-Fi network. In the event that everybody on your network is utilizing a similar Wi-Fi network, then that’s when they’d really like to share. Apple TV, AirPlay-capable speakers, or other Apple devices could also be claimed with this authentication.
How to turn off airplay on iPhone or iPad?
1. Select the AirPlay icon in the app and click on Turn off AirPlay if you are streaming video from an app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. The easiest way to disable AirPlay is to open Control Center, slide it down from the right corner of your screen (if you’re using an older device with iOS 11 or younger, swipe up from the bottom left), and select Screen Mirroring, and then select Stop Mirroring.
How to turn off airplay on iPhone on a Mac?
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu on your computer
- Screens to be selected
- If the menu bar does not show mirroring options when available, look for a drop-down menu for AirPlay Display.
- You probably can’t play AirPlay on your Mac if this option doesn’t appear
- The AirPlay menu option that lets you disable AirPlay is “Disable AirPlay”.
Tip: What is the procedure for disconnecting my iPhone from AirPlay devices?
- From beneath the lower part of the screen, swipe up to open Control Center by tapping on it.
- By tapping the AirPlay icon, you are able to see the airplay icon reflecting the TV’s icon. When it is on and the icon for AirPlay is blue, you can tell that your iPhone is connected to an AirPlay gadget, along with the name of the gadget (such as Apple TV) that is next to the icon.
- The next step should be to turn off the AirPlay mirroring if you are connected to a gadget that has AirPlay.
- As your AirPlay gadgets are disconnected, you will only be able to hear your iPhone speakers as you are disconnected from them.
Note: It is possible that you are not swiping up from the bottom enough if you are having trouble opening Control Center.
Some Frequently Asked Questions by Users
1. What is the location of AirPlay in the iPhone settings?
To open the Control Center on your iPhone, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen. When the Control Center appears, select the AirPlay icon from the Music control area by tapping and holding. After that, you will be able to select a device to connect to over AirPlay.
2. What is the purpose of AirPlay appearing on my iPhone?
You should turn on your AirPlay-compatible devices and make sure they are in close proximity to one another. Make sure that the devices are on the same Wi-Fi network and that they have the latest versions of their software installed. In order to use AirPlay or screen mirroring, all devices need to be restarted.
3. Is it possible to turn off AirPlay?
On an iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer, how to disable AirPlay screen sharing. By tapping the AirPlay icon and selecting “Turn off AirPlay” on an iPhone or iPad, you can disable AirPlay Screen Mirroring. AirPlay Screen Mirroring can be disabled in the Display Preferences of your Mac.
4. Is it possible to enable AirPlay?
Turn on AirPlay by following these steps:
- The (Input select) button on your TV remote should be pressed, followed by (AirPlay).
- Go to AirPlay & HomeKit settings and turn AirPlay on.
Now that you know how to turn off airplay on iPhone, I hope you understand how to do so. So please take this opportunity to share this article with your friends and family members and if you find any problems with this guide, please feel free to tell me in the comment section below.