You can mute all calls, alerts, notifications, and alerts on your mobile device by choosing the Do Not Disturb setting. When using the Do Not Disturb option you can customize which notifications, alerts, or calls you wish to continue receiving.
In this article we are briefly describing ” how to turn off do not disturb on iPhone?”. Please read this throughout for more details.
How The iPhone Do Not Disturb Feature Works?
If you don’t have notifications or incoming calls on your smartphone, nobody can reach you. With the Do Not Disturb feature included in iOS 6, you can silence your phone’s interruptions. This feature includes the following features:
- Push notifications, texts, and incoming calls will be muted. However, your phone won’t vibrate or ring, and its screen won’t light up. You will still receive them, so you can check your voicemail or other messages later.
- It can be programmed to turn on and off automatically, such as when you get into bed and when you get up in the morning, or you can manually activate it.
- If you grant permission to contact important contacts, such as family members or your Favorites, Do Not Disturb will not affect their contact with you.
- You will be able to hear a phone number twice within a three-minute period when you have Do Not Disturb turned on. You can use this feature for emergencies, for instance.
- Driving while Do Not Disturb is enabled is possible. Text messages and phone calls will be blocked to prevent distractions.
Note: Apple’s iPad has Do Not Disturb capabilities as well. In iOS 13 and iPad 13, Apple released two operating systems for iPhones and iPads.
How To Turn Off Do Not Disturb On An iPhone 7?
If you have been wondering why your iPhone screens display a crescent moon icon, it could be a software issue. It is possible that you are using a Do Not Disturb feature. You can set this setting to prevent your iPhone from notifying you about phone calls, text messages, and other types of notifications.
If you would like Do Not Disturb to enter a schedule, you can do so on your device, or you can turn it on manually. When you have activated the Do Not Disturb option on your iPhone 7 there are a couple of ways to turn it off. If it has accidentally been set to on, if you have accidentally switched it off, would just like to know where to find it, then our guide below explains how to turn off Do Not Disturb on an iPhone 7.
Deactivating Do Not Disturb On An iPhone 7
The instructions below were conducted on an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 10.2. You will find instructions on how to turn off Do Not Disturb in the Settings window. Do Not Disturb can also be toggled on or off through the Control Center menu. In the next section, we will explain how you can access it.
1. Go to the Settings menu.
2. Click the “Don’t disturb” button.
3. You can turn off Manual by tapping the button to the right of it, and you can turn off Scheduled by tapping the button to the right of it as well if you don’t want to use that feature at all.
The buttons should remain in the left-hand position and should not have any green shading associated with them. Below is an example that has Do Not Disturb turned off.
The Do Not Disturb feature can also be turned off by tapping the moon icon at the top of the menu after swiping up from the bottom of your Home screen.
As a final option, you can set individual messages to Do Not Disturb mode. Due to this, you will no longer be able to send or receive texts relating to that message.
Turning off Do Not Disturb in a text message conversation is as simple as tapping the ( i )symbol at the top-right corner.
Then tap the Right-facing arrow slightly after selecting Do Not Disturb.
How To Turn Off “Do Not Disturb” On An iPhone As Scheduled?
Many people have been significantly benefitted by the ability to always be reachable, whether by phone, text, email, or social media. Occasionally, you may choose to turn off the device if you want a break from all of that availability.
To prevent disruption, you can also set your iPhone to Do Not Disturb mode. You can turn it on manually or schedule it to turn on automatically. If your schedule changes, you might want to turn it off if Do Not Disturb was previously scheduled. Learn how to disable that scheduled feature, or change it to another schedule below.
How To Turn Off a Scheduled Do Not Disturb in iOS 8?
According to the authors, this article was written using a phone running iOS 8.4 on an iPhone 6 Plus. Despite this, the steps can be applied to any iPhone model that is using iOS 8.4, as well as devices running iOS 7 or higher.
1. Go to the Settings screen.
2. Click on Do Not Disturb.
3. To turn Scheduled off, tap the corresponding button to the right. This option is no longer active when the button is not shaded green.
Alternately, if you would rather have the “Do Not Disturb” feature turned off for an entire period of time, then tap the arrow to the right.
The schedule can then be adjusted by tapping each time and using the wheels at the bottom.
How To Turn Off DND On iOS 15 From Control Center?
The Control Center in iOS 15 can be used to enable Do Not Disturb directly
- Click on the Control Center. Tactically, you can swipe up from the bottom of the screen (on iPhone 8 and earlier), or swipe down from the top-right corner (on iPhone X and later).
- Click the “Focus” button.
3. DND can be turned on by tapping “Do Not Disturb.”
4. Optional: To activate DND for a certain amount of time, tap the 3-dot icon next to ‘Do Not Disturb’ and select ‘For an hour’ or ‘Until tomorrow morning’.
If Do Not Disturb is enabled, tap the half-moon icon next to Focus in the Control Center to disable it.
Note: You can turn off DND mode quickly by tapping or long-pressing the crescent moon icon on the lock screen when your iPhone is locked. You can then tap “Don’t Disturb”.
Learn More About iPhone: