The LED flash of the iPhone can double as a flashlight in the event that you need it in the course of your day-to-day activities. If you are in a dark area or a room with poor lighting, you can make use of the flashlight or torch on your iPhone to provide light. It doesn’t matter what you’re using it for; the flashlight on the iPhone is bright enough to assist you in most situations. I think you should definitely check this guide to use the flashlight on an iPhone if you just got a new iPhone. Here is the complete information about “How To Turn Off Flashlight On iPhone?” Check it below!
How To Turn Off Flashlight On iPhone?
You can use the flashlight on your iPhone instead of a flashlight if you are in need of one but don’t have one nearby. When you choose to use the flashlight on your iPhone for the first time, it is automatically turned on, which may leave you wondering how you can turn it off. There is a flashlight on your iPhone in the Control Center, which is a menu that contains several useful tools and settings for the iPhone.
Method 1: Using the Control Center
1. The Control Center can be opened by swiping down from the top-right corner of your iPhone.
2. When you tap the Flashlight button, the flashlight will be turned on. As soon as the flashlight is enabled, a blue icon will appear on the torch.
3. The flashlight can be turned off by tapping the Flashlight icon again.
You may also adjust the brightness of the flashlight if it is necessary to do so. Pressing and holding the Flashlight button in the Control Center and dragging the brightness slider up or down will allow you to do this.
Method 2: Using the Lock Screen
You can access the flashlight from the lock screen itself if you prefer to use this method. Using this method, you will be able to directly turn on the flashlight on iPhone 12 without having to unlock the device with either Face ID or Passcode.
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to turn on the flashlight on the iPhone 12 from the Lock Screen.
1. Using ‘Raise to Wake’ or ‘Tap to Wake’ features on your iPhone will allow you to wake up the screen. Alternatively, you can press the Side button (on the right side) to access the Lock Screen.
2. You can activate the flashlight by pressing and holding the Flashlight button in the bottom-left screen corner. As soon as the flashlight is turned on, you will feel a slight vibration and the round button will turn white, indicating the flashlight is on.
Using the same method described above, you can also turn off the flashlight by tapping and holding the flashlight button.
TIP. It is possible to adjust the brightness of your flashlight if you have opened the Control Center from the iPhone Lock Screen in order to allow access to it.
Despite the fact that iOS 14 has the option to remove the flashlight from the lock screen, there is no way to do it. I personally wish for this setting as at times the flashlight turns on by itself when the iPhone is in the pocket or by mistake.
In my opinion, it would be great to have this setting as sometimes, when the iPhone is in the pocket or on accident, it turns on the flashlight by itself.
Method 3: By using Siri
It is much easier to toggle the flashlight on and off with Siri rather than toggling it across your iPhone.
In order to get this to work, you must first launch Siri by either saying “Hello Siri” or by holding down the Home or Side buttons on your iPhone. You can then use one of the voice commands below to accomplish the task easily and quickly.
1. The flashlight is on. I’m going to switch it on.
2. The flashlight needs to be turned off.
3. The torch has been turned on.
4. My torch needs to be switched off.
Frequently asked questions about how to turn off flashlight on iPhone
How you can Add Flashlight to Home Screen on iPhone?
It is true that the iPhone comes with a Flashlight app built-in, however, it is not possible to control that flashlight directly from the home screen. There’s no need to use an app third-party to put the flashlight on your iPhone’s Home Screen. You can use the Shortcuts app in iOS 14 and without using a third-party app.
The following guide will show you how to add a Flashlight shortcut to your iPhone running iOS 14 on the Mac.
1. Tap the “My Shortcuts” tab under Shortcuts, then tap the “Shortcuts” tab.
2. At the top-right corner of the screen, tap the + button.
3. To add a new action, tap “Add Action”.
4. In the search bar at the top of the screen, type in “Torch” and click “Set Torch”.
5. Select the word “Turn” from the Operation menu and then select “Toggle”.
6. To set the flashlight’s brightness, select “Show More” from the drop-down menu. The goal is to ensure that you get the same brightness every time you use the flashlight through Shortcut. The brightness can also be changed afterward).
7. To access the 3-dot menu, tap the top-right button. Rename the shortcut to something like “Flashlight”.
8. Choose an icon and a name for the flashlight shortcut on the home screen and tap “Add to Home Screen”.
9. In the upper-right corner, tap the “Add” button and then click the “Done” button.
10. There you have it. I think that’s it. You will now see an icon on your iPhone’s home screen for a flashlight.
Tap the Flashlight shortcut icon on the Home Screen to turn on or off the flashlight.
How to add the Flashlight widget to iOS 14?
In iOS 14, you have the option to add a torch widget to your iPhone if you prefer using widgets. Using a widget overusing a shortcut on the home screen has the main advantage that it won’t show a banner notification at the top of the screen when you run the shortcut.
1. It is important to create a shortcut for Flashlight first before you can use the shortcut.
2. By long-pressing an empty area of the home screen, you are able to enter jiggle mode.
3. Tap on the + button at the top-left screen bottom corner.
4. You can search for “Shortcuts” in the box that says “Search Widgets” and then select Shortcuts from the results.
5. To add a widget, tap on the “Add Widget” button.
It’s done! You can now toggle the LED flash on and off with the Flashlight widget without opening the Control Center.
Add the widget by dragging and dropping it onto an existing or Smart Stack widget.
How to use Back Tapping in iOS 14 (Double or Triple Tap)?
A useful feature of iOS 14 is the “Back Tap” functionality (an accessibility feature). In addition to taking screenshots, locking the screen, bringing up Siri, opening shortcuts, and more, the Back Tap shortcut lets you do many things.
Tap the back of your iPhone to turn on the flashlight.
1. Touch can be found under Settings > Accessibility.
2. Select “Back Tap” at the bottom of the screen.
3. Choose Torch from the System category by tapping on ‘Double Tap’. The Shortcut can also be assigned to the triple-tap gesture.
4. It is very simple to turn on or off the iPhone flashlight by simply double-tapping (or triple tapping) the back of the phone.
How to Turn Off Flashlight on iPhone 6, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone SE?
This product is compatible with all sizes of iPhone 6, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone SE, iPod touch, and iPad
1. You can access this feature on an older iPhone by swiping up from the bottom of the screen
2. On your iPhone or iPad, you will be able to access the Control Center
3. The flashlight can be turned on or off by simply tapping on the flashlight icon (which can be seen in the image below).
How to adjust the brightness of your iPhone flashlight?
You can adjust the brightness of your iPhone’s flashlight or torch by tapping on the brightness button.
Increase the brightness on my iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPhone 6s:
1. You can unlock iPhones and iPads with this method
2. From the control center, select the Flashlight icon from the left-hand side menu
3. Press and hold the torch icon for an extended period of time
4. Your iPhone now has a sliding panel that you can use to adjust the flashlight brightness.
You might also like: