In addition to being a flashlight, the LED camera flash of the iPhone can also be used as one. To light up a dark room or area with low light, you can use your iPhone’s flashlight. It won’t matter which way you look at it, the flashlight on your iPhone is bright enough to help in most situations. This guide will show you how to use the flashlight on iPhone 12. If you’re just getting a new iPhone, check it out.
On the iPhone 12, 12 Mini, and 12 Pro there are several ways to turn on or off the flashlight. In addition to the iPhone 12 series, the following methods will also work with iPhone 11/XR/XS/X or iPad Pro/iPad Pro with Face ID, too. So let’s begin.
Below is our tutorial on ” how to turn on flashlight on iPhone 12?”. You will find that turning on flashlights on the iPhone has a really convenient and intuitive method once you become familiar with it
5 Ways To How Turn On the Flashlight on iPhone 12?
1. Use Control Center To Turn On The iPhone’s Flashlight
Supported devices include iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPad Pro. Turn off the flashlight now:
- To open the Control Center on your iPhone or iPad, swipe down from the top-right corner.
- Click on Flashlight now. The torch on your iPhone will now turn on.
- By pressing or tapping the Torch button again, you can turn the flashlight off.
When your iPhone or iPad is locked, you can also turn on or off the flashlight. In the bottom right corner of the screen is a Flashlight button, which you need to hold down.
2. Use Lock Screen To Turn On The iPhone’s Flashlight
Lanterns can be opened relatively easily from the lock screen. The iPhone 12’s flashlight can then be turned on instantly without having to enter a passcode or Face ID to unlock it.
The iPhone 12 lock screen flashlight can be enabled by following these steps.
1. The iPhone’s screen can be woken by using Lift to Wake or Tap to Wake. You can also access the lock screen by pressing the side button (right).
2. Then, hold the flashlight button on the lower-left corner of the screen until it flashes. Upon pressing the round button, you feel a slight vibration and the white light appears.
3. The same procedure applies to turning off the flashlight. Press and hold the button on the flashlight until it becomes inactive.
Tip: You can change the brightness of your flashlight if you have access to the Control Center from your iPhone’s lock screen.
Unfortunately, the flashlight can’t be removed from the lock screen even in iOS 14. This setting would be useful to me because sometimes when an iPhone is in your pocket or by accident, the flashlight will turn on by itself.
3. Use Siri To Turn Off The iPhone’s Flashlight
By asking Siri to turn on or off the flashlight, you can turn it on or off without touching your iPhone.
The first step is to say Hey Siri or to press the side button or home button on your iPhone for Siri to launch. Once Siri is launched, you can perform the task using one of the voice commands below.
- Turn on flashlight.
- Turn off flashlight.
4. Use Flash To The iPhone Home Screen
iOS comes with a flashlight application, but it cannot be controlled directly from the home screen. You can place a flashlight on your iPhone’s home screen using the Shortcuts application in iOS 14 without using a third-party app.
The following instructions explain how to add a shortcut to the flashlight on your iPhone with iOS 14.
1. Touch the My Shortcuts tab and then click the My Shortcuts tab.
2. Click the plus sign (+) in the upper right corner.
3. Add a new action by clicking Add.
4. Select Install Torch from the search bar at the top after typing Torch in.
5. Choose Toggle from the Operation menu by pressing the Rotate word.
6. Set the default brightness of the lantern by selecting Show more in the Show more drop-down list. The quick-release ensures that you always have the same brightness available when using the flashlight. It is possible to adjust the brightness once the flashlight has been turned on.
7. On the upper right corner, click the three-point button. Give your shortcut a name, such as Flashlight.
8. Select a name for the home screen and an icon for the flashlight link before clicking Add to Home Screen.
9. To add, click the Add button in the top right corner, then click Done.
10. You can do it this way. Your iPhone’s home screen now displays a flashlight icon. You can see it in the top right corner of the screen.
The flashlight shortcut icon appears on the home screen. Touch it to turn it on or off.
5. Use The Reverse Touch Function ( Double / triple Contact) To Turn On The iPhone’s Flashlight
iOS 14 includes a useful and interesting feature called Tap Back. Back Tap is also useful for taking screenshots, locking the screen, opening Control Center, calling Siri, and opening shortcuts.
Turning on the flashlight with the back of your iPhone can be accomplished by touching the back.
- Ensure that the flashlight shortcut has already been added.
- Select the item you want under Settings > Accessibility.
- Press Back by scrolling down.
- The flashlight can be selected by pressing twice in the Double access category. Additionally, a shortcut can be assigned to a triplet movement.
5. When you press the back of the iPhone twice or three times, the flashlight turns on or off.
Tip: The tap back functionality works only when the device is unlocked.
We’d love to hear how you use the flashlight in the comments.
How To Increase The iPhone’s Flashlight Brightness?
- Unlock your iPhone or iPad.
- From the control center, click the Flashlight icon.
- Toggle the torch icon with the long press.
- Your iPhone’s flashlight brightness can now be adjusted with its sliding panel.
Explore More Features Of iPhone 12