What Are Instagram Notifications?
The Instagram notifications feature keeps you in the loop as Instagram evolves. As part of Instagram, you can receive various kinds of notifications, including:
- Stories, posts, and comments
- The following and the following
- IGTV and Live
- Sending direct messages from Instagram
Instagram notifications, like any Instagram update, are aimed at giving users the best Instagram experience possible. You can even customize your notifications, so you can choose what you want to hear from the platform.
Instagram notifications are a great way to stay updated on important posts but sometimes it creates a problem in the notification. Here is the detail about “How To Turn On Instagram Notifications On iPhone 11?”
How To Turn On Instagram Notifications on iPhone 11?
Follow the steps below to fix Instagram notifications not working on iOS 14 and iOS 15 on iPhone 12:
However, before getting into the issues, let’s take a look at how you can manage Instagram Notifications for yourself.
- Launch the Instagram app on your iPhone.
- Select the “Profile” icon in the lower right-hand corner.
- Tap on the three lines in the upper right corner.
- Click on the Settings button.
- Click on Notifications.
- Press the On button to enable Pause All.
- Set the duration for which you wish to pause Instagram notifications.
1: Turn on Instagram Notifications On iPhone 11:
A simple way to fix iPhone notifications not appearing for Instagram is to check whether push notifications are permitted for Instagram:
- Select the ‘Settings’ option from the menu after unlocking the device.
- Click on ‘Notifications’, then ‘Instagram’.
- Enable the notification to appear on the lock screen by checking the ‘Allow Notification’ checkbox.
- Modify the notification sound in order to distinguish it from the other incoming messages.
2: Disable the Do Not Disturb feature:
When Instagram still doesn’t show you notifications on iOS 14, iPhone 12, you have to think about other alternatives to enable Facebook notifications. You can enable or disable the ‘Do not disturb’ setting. It will prevent the device from receiving notifications from any application if it is enabled. If the notification issue persists, try disabling this option in your device settings.
- Open the Settings menu on your device.
- Select the ‘Do not disturb option.
- Enable the notification process by disabling this option.
3: Check Restriction Setting for Instagram on iPhone:
With the iPhone/iPad, Apple has made it easier to control notifications from a system perspective. To make sure that Instagram notifications are allowed on the iPhone, go to Settings – Notifications. To enable Instagram notifications, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone
- Touch Notifications
- Click on Instagram
4: Update Your Instagram Account:
It is the first and most obvious thing to do when the Instagram app doesn’t work right is to make sure it is updated. If apps are not updated semi-frequently by their users, then they will stop working for whatever reason.
Here’s how to see if your app has been updated:
- On your iPhone, open the App Store
- In the top right-hand corner, tap your profile image
- Click on the Updates link below Personalized Recommendations to find out what’s new
- Make sure that the notifications are enabled at the top of the menu, then make sure that all of the Sounds, Badges, and Alerts are enabled.
5: Reinstall Instagram and Enable Notifications:
- Delete Instagram and reinstall it if the above solution doesn’t work for you. You must tap Allow on both pop-ups after you complete the installation process for Instagram.
How to remove Instagram from your phone,
- You can use the “Rearrange app” option from the 3D Touch popup to jiggle a home screen icon to make Instagram appear jiggly. Now all apple icons have a close button. To delete an app, tap the Close button.
6: Turn on Background Refresh:
Apple allows users to disable background app refresh for specific or all apps running on their iPhones and iPads, which will stop Instagram notifications as the app cannot access Instagram’s servers in the background.
Although turning off background apps may save you battery, you will lose notifications that are sent by those apps.
- Disable Instagram’s toggle to green in Settings > General > Background App Refresh. (If you have Background App Refresh enabled)
7: Restart the Instagram Session Again:
The Instagram app connects continuously with your Instagram account and sends notifications based on the request from your app. Whenever you are not receiving Instagram notifications, you should always consider restarting the session by logging out of the app and logging back in after a short period.
Here are the steps to follow.
- You need to open the Instagram app
- Click on Profile at the bottom of the screen
- Click on More [top right corner]
- At the bottom, tap on Settings
- The final option is to log out.
- Close the Instagram app now,
- Log in with your username and password by reopening the app on your iPhone.
8 : Restart your device/iPhone/iPad:
In some cases, iOS may experience glitches causing app notifications to malfunction. When this happens, hard rebooting the iPhone may be necessary. Follow these steps:
iPhone 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, 11, X,8,8 Plus
- Hold the volume up button for a few seconds and then release it.
- Next, quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
- Once that is done, hold the Power/Side buttons until you see the Apple logo on your iPhone screen. Press and hold the Side/Power button for 5 seconds and then try to turn the device on.
For iPhone 7/7 Plus:
Press and hold both the Side/Power and Volume Down buttons until the iPhone shows the Apple logo. Press the Side button to turn it back on.
For iPhone 6S/6S Plus, Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then turn it on by pressing the side button.
9: Check You Network Setting:
An incorrect network connection may be the reason why you cannot receive Instagram notifications on your iPhone 11 or iOS 13. In order to send push notifications, all apps including Instagram use Internet service, so they require a good and stable network connection. For Facebook notifications not to work on your iPhone, please reset your network settings by following these instructions:
To reset your network settings, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings app
- Tap the General tab
- Scroll up to the end of the screen and tap Reset
- Reset your network settings by tapping the Reset Network Settings button and following the on-screen instructions.
Once the phone restarts, it will turn on again. After resetting it, unlock the phone and connect to Wi-Fi manually. There will be no data loss if you reset the network on your iPhone.
10: Turn off Low Data Mode and Low Power Mode on Your Phone:
Another reason why Instagram notifications aren’t showing on the iPhone is that background apps aren’t allowing internet access.
The low power setting on your iPhone will prevent any background apps from refreshing. So even though an app can receive notifications, it will not be able to send you to push notifications. That might explain why notifications for Instagram are not working on your iPhone X/XS/11 Pro Max / iOS 13. As long as you don’t turn off Low power mode on iPhone, Low power mode will remain on.
To turn off low power mode, go to settings > Battery > Low Power mode [Turn grey to turn off].
- Low Data mode has the same features, but it saves internet data from data-consuming applications. Tap on the icon and turn off Low Data Mode in the Settings > WiFi section.
- Disable Low Data Mode in the Settings app > Cellular > Cellular Data Option.
11: Restore iOS on Your iPhone/iPad
When an iOS update is done, it is always possible that some apps do not load up properly in your iPhone and do not work properly, such as Instagram notifications not working. If this is the case, restoring your iPhone with a new iOS copy on your PC/Mac is recommended.
- On the PC/Mac, open the latest version of iTunes/Finder.
- Use the lightning cable to connect your iPhone to a Mac or PC. Enable the passcode on your iPhone to pair with your Mac/PC. Pair the iPhone with iTunes or Finder after pairing.
- In the iTunes window, and the Finder Sidebar, click on Device.
- After clicking the Restore button, a new copy of your iPhone will be installed after erasing all data on your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone to iTunes/Finder and restore the most recent backup that you’ve taken after you’ve restored the device.
It is likely that the installation-related issue will go away after Clean Install iOS 13.
The Finder can now be used to restore iOS devices on macOS Catalina or later. iTunes is available for macOS Mojave and old macOS and Windows users alike. This is due to Apple dropping iTunes from macOS High Sierra.
12: Inform Instagram The Problem
If you’ve tried all steps and the notification still doesn’t work, you can contact Instagram directly with the make and model of your iPhone.
The Instagram app offers the following methods for reporting a problem:
- Download the Instagram app to your iPhone
- Select the “Profile” icon in the lower right-hand corner
- Tap on the three lines in the upper right corner
- Click on the Settings button
- Click on Help
- Click on Report a Problem
- If Something Isn’t Working, tap it
How To Turn On Instagram Notifications On Android?
The process is slightly different for Android devices.
Open the Apps section of your Android Settings.
Tap on Instagram when you find it in your apps.
Click on Notifications.
It is possible to check here whether Notifications are enabled or disabled. The Android settings also allow you to choose which notifications you want to receive.
You can check everything is set up correctly in the Instagram app once you’ve enabled notifications. Similar to an iPhone, you must navigate to your Settings on Instagram. You can do this by tapping on your profile page and then selecting the three horizontal lines at the top of your screen.
You can choose your notification settings for various Instagram options by tapping on Notifications. You can customize the settings for each category by tapping on that category in the list.