We all love taking pictures with our iPhones and sharing them. There are times, however, when the pictures you take are only for yourself and not for anyone else. If someone is accidentally looking at the pictures of your weekend trip, you don’t want them to see them.
There are many reasons why you would want to hide some of your iPhone photos, whether you have a snooping partner, a nosy coworker, or a nosy roommate. In addition, there are numerous reasons why you may feel that you’ve overreacted when it comes to privacy.
It’s true that hiding a photo in the Photos album removes it from the Moments, Years, and Collections views in a sense: those photos will no longer appear in these views. You can undo your due diligence when it comes to your privacy if you feel you’ve gone too far. Unhide photos on your iPhone are an easy way to do so. In this article, we show you how to unhide photos on iPhone.
How to unhide photos on iPhone?
- Click the Albums tab in the Photos app.
- To view other albums, scroll to the bottom of the page.
- The Hidden menu can be accessed by tapping “Hidden”.
- The “Select” button is located at the top right corner.
- You can unhide photos by selecting them.
- Tap the square with the arrow pointing upwards in the bottom left corner, which is typically associated with uploading or sharing.
- Click the “Unhide” button in the pop-up menu.
How to hide photos and videos on your iPhone?
Pictures and videos can actually be hidden directly within the Photos app. Your selected photos or videos will be moved to a hidden album. If you want to save pics that you don’t want to see every time you open your Camera Roll, then this is a great option.
Also, you should pay attention to the fact that everyone has access to the same hidden album. Those hidden photos could be seen by anyone you grant access to your iPhone.
How to create a hidden album on iPhone?
The Photos app automatically creates a hidden album when you first hide a picture or video. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Photos app.
- Locate the picture or video you’d like to hide.
- Select Hide from the Share menu.
- Make sure the picture is hidden.
How to unhide photos in the iOS 10 Photo App on iPhone?
Your iOS device allows you to hide a collection of photos.
- Launch the Photos app.
- To open an album, tap the Albums tab if you aren’t already there.
- On the bottom, you will find a Hidden folder. Tap on it.
- Select the Select button in the top right corner if you wish to hide multiple photos.
- In the upper left corner, Tap Select All. You can unhide your chosen photos by tapping on them individually.
- Click the Share button in the bottom left corner.
- The bottom of the phone will show two lines of menus; tap on Unhide in the lower-left corner.
If you select this option, Photos will not ask you for confirmation and the entire Hidden folder will be deleted. Now you can see all of the hidden photos in Moments, Years, and Collections.
Tip: How to lock photos on iPhone with Notes
The Notes app lets you lock photos, but you have to have the lock feature enabled before you can do so. To protect your notes with a password, follow these steps:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Password can be found under Notes.
- Make sure the password you want to use for all notes is set and verified.
This feature allows you to add pictures to password-protected notes after turning it on. You can lock a photo with a password as follows:
- Locate the picture you wish to lock in the Photos app.
- You can access Notes by tapping Share.
- You can either save it to a new note or to an existing note.
- Tap the Save button.
- You can open the note by tapping on the picture in the Notes app.
- To lock a note, tap Share > Lock Note.
- Please enter your password.
- Delete the photo from your Camera Roll by going back to the Photos app.
Adding a password to the note leaves the pictures on your computer because they are still in your photo library. This means that it’s not really locked until it’s deleted from Photos.
Retrieve and save photos in Notes
You can still view or save your password-protected pictures after you have protected them. To do this, open the Notes app and follow the steps below.
- You can find your picture by opening the note you saved it in.
- The View Note screen will appear.
- See all the pictures in the note by entering your password.
- You can move images back to your Camera Roll by holding down an image for a moment.
- Click Share > Save Image.
Some Frequently Asked Questions By Users
1. What is the process for unhiding Photos on an iPhone?
- Launch the Photos app.
- At the bottom, tap the Albums tab.
- The utility section is at the bottom of the page.
- You will find ‘Hidden’ in this section
- Click on ‘Hidden’
- If you would like to unhide a photo, tap it.
2. Is it possible to recover deleted photos from an iPhone?
Tap the Albums tab in the Photos app. Select the Recently Deleted option under Other Albums. Within this section, you’ll find all the photos that you’ve recently deleted. You can either select the deleted photo or tap Recover.
3. Where can you find hidden apps on iPhone 11?
- Tap the Account button at the top of the App Store screen. Your picture is probably displayed there.
- The next screen will ask for your name or Apple ID.
- You can browse the list for the app you want by scrolling down and tapping Hidden Purchases.
4. Where can I find hidden photo albums?
Go to the Settings app on your iPhone to find the “Hidden Album” feature. Navigate to Settings, scroll down to “Photos”, and click “Hidden Album.” If Hidden Album is enabled, it can be accessed directly in the “Albums” tab under the “Utilities.” If your Hidden Album is enabled, it is accessible in the “Image Picker” at all times.
Hopefully, now you understand how to unhide photos on iPhone. I would really appreciate it if you would share this article with your friends and family members and let me know if you run into any problems when using this guide in the comments section below.