you can easily access them until you unpin them, you may pin your most important text messages to the top of the Messages app. In this way, you can easily stay on top of everything you need to know. The task is also easily accomplished through your Apple device.
Pins will be displayed in your message inbox at the top. Having them displayed there will make them easy to discover. Having them organized by the group will make them even easier to find. Additionally, SMS text messages and iMessages can be pinned in Messages. You can learn how to do that in the following article. There can be nine messages pinned at one time. Pins are displayed as icons under large contact circles. Here is the complete information about “How to unpin a message on iPhone?” Read it below!
How To Unpin A Message On iPhone?
Pinning and unpinning conversations isn’t as complicated as it sounds when using the stock Messages app.
1. On your iPhone or iPad, open the “Messages” app.
2. The pin icon is highlighted in yellow in the picture, which you can tap to permanently pin a Messages conversation.
3. The unpin option is located right next to the compose a new message option at the top of your Messages app.
4. In order to continue, navigate to the menu box on the far right-hand side and select “Edit Pins”.
5. Above all the other messages, you can see that pinned conversations are located at the top. Unpin a pinned conversation by tapping the “-” icon next to it. Multiple conversations can also be pinned at one time in the same menu.
6. By selecting “Unpin” in the same manner as above, you can also unpin a pinned conversation.
7. Those are the steps for pinning or unpinning conversations in the Messages app for iPhone and iPad.
Can You See the Location of an Unpinned Text Message?
1. Threads can be unpinned to place them in the standard, chronological message threads list in the Messages app. Due to this, if no new post has appeared in the thread for some time, the thread will appear to disappear when you unpin it.
2. There’s no need to worry. If you scroll further down the list, you will see the thread still exists. If you don’t remember where you deleted a thread, you can also search within the Messages app via the search option at the top.
3. Among all messages, you will see the conversations pinned to the top. In spite of this, if you have more than one pinned conversation, you can arrange them as you like. You can reposition the chat heads by long-pressing on them and dragging them around. It makes it much easier to prioritize chats this way.
4. It’s important to remember that you can only pin a certain number of conversations. But. The number of conversations you can pin is currently limited to nine messages, whether they’re regular text messages or iMessage group conversations. As soon as you reach the limit, you’ll have to unpin an existing conversation in order to pin a new one.
Where Does a Pin Text Message Go?
Messages threads that are pinned to the top of the app will stay at the top. Until they are unpinned, they will remain there.
The chronological list of threads does not contain any pinned threads. The pinned thread’s icon allows you to view the message thread.
How can be Message Conversations unpinned in MacOS?
While the exact steps are slightly different, unpinning a message thread in Messages on macOS is much the same as on iOS. With Mac OS Big Sur, this feature was added in November of 2020.
Messages on macOS can be unpinned by following these steps. macOS devices running Big Sur or later should follow the steps described below.
1. Messages will open.
2. Choose Unpin from the menu that appears after right-clicking the message’s icon.
How to Pin and Unpin Messages Sync Between iOS and macOS?
Your iMessage messages will be synced between your iCloud-connected devices when using Apple’s iMessage service. Nevertheless, pinned messages can’t be synced between iOS and macOS. Each device will require individual pinning or unpinning.
You might also like: