Windows is able to help you read the content on the screen by enlarging or zooming in.
You can accomplish this in a few ways. Windows has an accessibility tool called Magnifier, as well as many programs with their own zoom control. With this tool, you can zoom in on the entire desktop and all its content.
The best way how to zoom in on a page?
If you use a browser on Windows, whatever you use. The method to zoom in will be the same.
- Choose a browser of your choice.
- Using a keyboard shortcut, you can zoom in and out by holding CTRL and pressing the + key.
- Hold the CTRL and – keys at the same time to zoom out.
How to zoom in on windows with Help of a magnifier?
When it appears in search results, type “Magnifier” in the Start menu search box.
Initially, Magnifier zooms in 200 percent on the desktop. Controls for the Magnifier can be found at the top left of the desktop (because of the magnification, it may be difficult to find your way around at first). With the Magnifier, you can zoom in and out using the + and – buttons.
From the view menu, you can also choose:
- Full Screen: You can zoom in on the entire screen when the Full Screen option is selected.
- Lens: In zoom mode, you can move the mouse around the screen to see what your mouse is hovering over since zooming is only applied to a rectangular area around your mouse pointer.
- Docked: Zooming is done by docking the zoomed “lens” to the top of the screen, as opposed to moving the mouse pointer. A docked display will always display the position of the mouse pointer, no matter what zoom level is selected.
The Magnifier can be closed by pressing Windows + ESC or by closing the program.
How to zoom in Chrome browser?
Chrome’s top-right corner contains three vertical dots. Click either the Minus (-) or Plus (+) icons to zoom out or in.
You can also use these keyboard shortcuts to quickly adjust the zoom on a website. Perform any of the following by pressing Ctrl on Windows or Command on Mac:
- You can scroll in and out with your mouse.
- The Minus (-) and Plus (+) keys help you do so.
- You can reset the zoom level to 100 percent by pressing zero.
How to zoom in Firefox browser?
Click on the plus (+) or minus sign (-) to zoom in or out on a website by clicking the menu button at the top right. In the address bar, you can see your current zoom level.
When you set a zoom level for each website, Firefox will remember it.
If you wish to change the size of only the text, click on “View” in the menu bar, hover over “Zoom,” and click “Zoom Text Only.”
You can also use shortcuts to zoom in or out quickly. When performing any of the following actions, hold Ctrl on Windows or Cmd on Mac:
- Zoom in or out with your mouse.
- Zoom in or out by pressing the plus sign (+) or minus sign (-).
- Zoom level can be restored to 100 percent by pressing zero.
How to zoom in Microsoft Edge?
Using these shortcuts, you can also set the default zoom for a website quickly. While performing any of the following, press Ctrl on Windows or Cmd on Mac:
- Use the mouse to scroll in and out.
- Press Minus (-) or Plus (+).
- To reset the zoom level to 100 percent, press “0”.